Zental Tablets contain albendazole as the active ingredients. The Zental tablets are used to eliminate and prevent worms or parasites from the gut and the other tissues in our body. It is helpful against the threadworm or pinworm, roundworm, whipworm, hookworm, tapeworm, among others.
The medicine works by killing these worms by causing them to starve. The eggs, adult worms, and larvae are affected by using this medicine.
Follow the doctor’s instructions about dosage about how to use this medicine. Read the leaflet carefully. If you have any concerns, you can consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
Take this medicine by mouth. The recommended dosage is 1 to 2 times daily. If you face difficulty in swallowing the tablets, you may crush or chew the dose and take this medicine along with medicine.
For some cases like hydatid disease, your doctor may direct you to use this medicine in the course, for example (2x daily with meals for 28 days then stopping the medication for 2 weeks)
To get the maximum benefit from it, use this medicine regularly.
Zental tablets might have these several side effects
- • Abdominal pain
- • Headache
- • Vomiting
- • Nausea
- • Temporary hair loss
- • Dizziness
- • Increase liver enzymes
- • Loss of appetite
If any of these side effects worsen or persist, seek medical attention right away.
When not to use
It is not recommended to patients who are hypersensitive to the drugs as this medicine may contain some inactive ingredients to cause an allergic reaction in the body.
- • Before taking this medicine, consult with your doctor if you are allergic to benzimidazole anthelmintic drugs (such as mebendazole) or if you have any other allergies, as this product contains some inactive ingredient that can cause allergic reaction your body.
- • Take this medicine regularly. For maximum effect, take this medicine at evenly spaced timings. Remember the timings, take this medicine every day at the same time recommended by your doctor.
- • Zental tablets might pose a risk to your pregnancy, so don’t take this medicine without consulting your doctor first and telling your doctor about your condition.
- • If you have any medical history related to liver disease, biliary tract problems like blockage, blood/ bone marrow, let your doctor know before using this medicine.
- • Don’t eat or drink grapefruit while using Zental tablets unless your doctor says so. This can increase the risk of side effects. Consult your doctor for more details.