Salbutamol is a medicine that is used to treat the symptoms of acute, or severe, or exercise-induced asthma (bronchospasm). This ventolin syrup is used to treat wheezing and shortness of breath caused by breathing problems (such as asthma, chronic obstructive, pulmonary disease.) It functions by relaxing the muscles that are around the airways so that it helps in opening up and breathing easily.
Take this syrup by mouth or as directed by your doctor. The recommended dosage is 3 to 4 times a day. This dosage is based on your medical condition, treatment response, and doctors recommendation.
For adults and children above 12 years old
For adults and children above 12 years old are not advised to take more than 32mg per day.
Children aged between 6 to 12 years
Children aged between 6 to 12 years are not advised to take more than 24mg a day.
Children aged 2 to 5 years
Children aged 2 to 5 years shouldnt take more than 12 mg a day.
Do not increase or decrease the dosage without your doctors consultation; dont increase medicine dosage more than recommended.
You might experience these side effects of Ventolin Syrup.
• Trembling of arms and feet
• Shaking of arms and feet
• Might raise your B.P.
• Irregular heartbeat
• Sleep disturbance
• Muscle pain
If any of these side effects gets severe, consult your doctor immediately.
When not to use
This medicine is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to drugs.
• Discuss with your doctor before using this medicine if you have any medical history related to heart problems such as irregular heartbeat, heart attack, angina, diabetes, high blood pressure, seizure.
• Use this medication with caution in patients with heart disease, asthma, diabetes, hypokalemia, or seizures, glaucoma.
• Let your doctor know about all the products you are using, including prescribed drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products.
• Do not increase or decrease the dosage without your doctors consultation; dont increase medicine dosage more than recommended.
• If you are pregnant, dont intake Ventolin syrup without discussing it with your doctor.