Zestril is lisinopril that is an ACE angiotensin-converting enzyme indicator. Zestril is used to treat in prevention and treatment of high blood pressure hypertension in adults and children who are at least 6 years old.
This medicine is also used to treat congestive heart failure in adults or improve survival after a heart attack. This medicine can be used alone or along with other medications. It is not considered safe to use and effective in children ages less than 6 years old.
The initial therapy in adults starts with the initial dose of 10mg per day, but the dosage is adjustable according to the blood pressure responses and patients’ condition.
The usual dosage ranges from 20 to 40mg (2 tablets of 20mg) per day administered in a single dose. Dosage up to 80 mg have all been used in the patients, but they do not appear to have a more significant effect.
If the blood pressure is not controlled with Zestril alone, you can also use this medicine with a low dose of diuretic (e.g., hydrochloride, 12.5 mg). Using it with a diuretic, reducing the amount of Zestril tablets might be possible.
The recommended initial dose in adult patients with hypertension taking diuretics is 5gone in a day.
This medicine is not recommended for those aged less than 6 years old and to pediatric patients.
Here are the side effects of Zestril tab
- • Lightheadedness
- • Tiredness
- • Dizziness
- • Headache
- • Chest pain
- • Dry Cough
These are the side effects of your body s adjusting to the medication.
When not to use
This medicine is not to use in ACE-inhibitor included angioedema. The angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE inhibitors) hypersensitivity. It is contraindicated in black patients, hereditary angioedema, history of angioedema.
- • Before taking this medicine, consult with your doctor if you are allergic to its ingredients or aces like benazepril or any other allergies. This product may contain some inactive ingredients that cause an allergic reaction in your body.
- • Get up slowly when you are rising from a lower position or lying down. This reduces the risk of dizziness and lightheadedness.
- • It may cause a severe liver problem like possibly fatal. Get medical attention right away if you experience any symptoms of liver damage like nausea or vomiting that doesn’t stop
- • This drug may cause pose a risk to you if you are pregnant.
- • A severe allergic reaction to the drug is rare but serious. So seek medical attention right away if you notice any symptoms of especially face/throat/ tongue, trouble in breathing, severe dizziness