Mebendazole is an anti-worm medication that prevents and treats the growth of newly hatched insect larvae (worms) or intestinal worms that includes pinworm, whipworm, Roundworm, Hookworm in your body. This medication is used for the treatment of pinworm infections.
This medicine also treats infections that are caused by one or more than one worm at a time.
Take this medicine by mouth, with or without food, or as your doctors recommend it. The medicine might be taken as chewed, swallowed whole, or crushed and taken with food. The dosage of medicine is based on your medical condition and treatment response.
Follow all the directions directed by your doctor.
You are advised to take this medicine for 1 or 3 days, depending on the treating condition. This treatment takes as long as 3 weeks before the infections get healed completely.
Here are some side effects of Vermox Syrup that you experience when using this medication.
• Loss of appetite
• Stomach in pain
• Abdominal pain
When not to use
Nor recommended to hypersensitive patients to the drugs, as this medicine contains some inactive ingredients that might cause an allergic reaction.
• Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine or if you have any other allergies. This product might contain some inactive ingredients that may cause problems.
• Ensure that you take this medicine exactly as prescribed by the doctor and make sure that you dont skip any doses. Do not increase or decrease the dosage without your doctors consultation; dont increase medicine dosage more than recommended.
• If you are pregnant, dont intake this medicine without discussing it with your doctor.
• Vermox Syrup passes into breast milk, so make sure you consult your doctor before breastfeeding.
• Tell your doctor if he has any medical history related to low blood count, intestinal problems (Crohns disease, ulcerative colitis), liver disease.