Albuterol, also named salbutamol, is used to treat and prevent wheezing and shortness of breath caused by the breathing problems such as chronic obstructive, asthma, and pulmonary disease. It belongs to a class of drugs that are known as bronchodilators. This medicine also functions by relaxing the muscles that are around the airways so that it helps in opening up and breathing easily.
Take this medicine by mouth or as directed by your doctor. Usually, the recommended dosage is 3 to 4 times a day, and this dosage is based on your medical condition and treatment response.
For adults and children who are older than 12 years old are not advised to intake more than 32mg a day.
Children aged between 6 to 12 years are not advised to take more than 24 milligrams a day.
For maximum benefit, use this medication daily and help you remember the time. Take this medicine on the same day.
Do not increase or decrease the dosage without your doctors consultation; dont increase medicine dosage more than recommended.
Here are some side effects that you might experience while using this medication
• Trembling of arms and feet
• Shaking of arms and feet
• Might raise your B.P.
• Irregular heartbeat
• Sleep disturbance
• Muscle pain
If any of these side effects gets severe, consult your doctor immediately.
When not to use
This medicine is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to drugs.
• Discuss with your doctor before using this medicine if you have any medical history related to heart problems such as irregular heartbeat, heart attack, angina, diabetes, high blood pressure, seizure.
• Use this medication with caution in patients with heart disease, asthma, diabetes, hypokalemia, or seizures, glaucoma.
• Let your doctor know about all the products you are using, including prescribed drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products.
• Do not increase or decrease the dosage without your doctors consultation; dont increase medicine dosage more than recommended.
• If you are pregnant, dont intake this medicine without discussing it with your doctor.