Cephradine is an antibiotic medicine used to treat a vast range of bacterial infections such as infections in skins, respiratory, urinary tract infections, ear, etc. Velosef capsules function by stopping the growth of bacteria. Remember that this medicine only treats bacterial infections. So, this won’t be effective on viral infections such as Flu, cold, etc. Remember that you don’t intake this medicine without a doctor’s recommendation because it might not be effective in future infections if you take it.
For respiratory tract infections and skin and skin structure infections, the general dose is 250mg every 6 hours or 1g every 12 hours. To treat uncomplicated urinary infections, the general dosage is 50mg every 12 hours.
If the urinary tract conditions are severe, including prostatitis, they are advised to take 500mg every 6 hours or 12 hours, or it will be based on your doctor’s recommendation.
The usual dose that is recommended in children over nine months is 25 to 50mg/kg/day, equally divided in doses at 6 or 12 hours.
Here are some side effects that you might experience while using this medication.
• Stomach upset
• Skin rashes
• Or any other allergic reactions
If any of these effects worsen or persist, you are advised to seek medical attention immediately.
When not to use
This medicine is contra-indicated to use in patients who have penicillin or cephalosporin hypersensitivity.
• If you had ever had a bad reaction to penicillin or cephalosporin or any allergies to it, then consult your doctor before you use this medicine.
• If you have any medical history related to kidney disease, stomach/ intestinal disease like colitis, then consult your doctor before using this medicine.
• Make sure you continue to use this medicine. Even if the symptoms disappear, don’t stop taking this medicine in the middle of the course, as it may allow the bacteria to grow.
• This medicine passes into breast milk, so make sure that you consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
• Those who are under pregnancy are advised to consult their doctor before intaking this medicine.