Somogel gives fast relief from pain and soreness caused by mouth ulcers and other related ailments of the buccal cavity that includes glossitis and gingivitis. This medicine is also used to treat inflammation of gums (gingivitis), tongue getting swollen or inflamed, pain in a tooth, and small lesions developed in the mouth.
This medicine is also used in the treatment and prevention of teething problems in babies.
Follow the directions and indications that are used on the product package. If your doctor has prescribed you this gel, then follow the directions of dosage. Dont use this medicine more than 4 times a day unless your doctor says so. For best results, use this medication to stay on the painful area for 1-3 minutes before you spit it out, rinsing the mouth. The usual recommended dosage for somogel is.
It is advised to apply this medicine to the affected area every 4-6 hours.
Advised to treat the infected area tropically 4-6 times a day between 12 to 18 years.
This gel is not recommended to infants under 6 months of age or those babies whose swallowing reflex is not fully developed.
Here are some side effects that you might experience while using this somogel gel.
• Depressed respiratory rate
• Burning sensation in the ulcer
• Metallic taste
When not to use
This gel is contraindicated to the patients who have known hypersensitivity to the active substances or any excipients listed.
Lignocaine, Menthol, Eucalyptol, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Ethanol
• Wash your hands before and after you apply the gel over the ulcer. Please make sure the infected area is clean and dry before you apply for the medicine over it.
• Take cautions in pediatric and geriatrics.
• Dont use this medication in children who are under 6 years old.
• Do not swallow the somogel.
• If you are pregnant, dont intake this medicine without discussing it with your doctor.