Rigix (Cetirizine) syrup is an active metabolite, an antihistamine. This medicine is used to manage perennial and seasonal rhinitis (a form of allergy) and urticaria (a form of a rash.) This medicine is also used to relieve allergic symptoms such as watery eyes, itching eyes, itching nose, runny nose, sneezing, itching, and hives. The syrup contains 1mg of cetirizine dihydrochloride per one ml.
This medicine works by blocking certain natural substances (histamine) that causes the allergic reaction in your body.
For and dosage and length of medication, follow your doctor’s recommendation. The usual advice is:
(who age < 2 years) = ½ teaspoonful once daily
(Who age between 2-5 years) = ½ teaspoonful once daily can be increased up to the maximum dosage of 5 mg per day given as 1 teaspoonful (5mg) once daily.
½ teaspoonful (2.5mg) 2 times a day.
Some side effects of Rigix syrup are:-
- • Drowsiness
- • Tiredness
- • Dry mouth
- • Stomach pain might occur
- • Irregular heartbeat
- • Diarrhoea
- • Dry mouth
- • Vision problem
- • Sore throat
- • Vomiting
- • Tiredness etc.
If any of these effects worsen or persist, then consult your doctor and let them know about your condition.
When not to use
This syrup is contra0indicated in the patients with narrow-angle glaucoma or urinary retention, and the patients receive monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor therapy or within the 14 days of stopping such treatment.
- • Before you take this medicine, consult your doctor if you are allergic to hydroxyzine or levocetirizine or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain some inactive ingredients, which might cause an allergic reaction or other problems in the human body.
- • Before you use this medicine, consult your doctor if you have any medical history related to difficulty in urinating (because of enlarged prostate), kidney disease and liver disease.
- • The dosage and length of this medicine are dependent on your age, medical condition. Do not increase or decrease the medicine dosage more than your doctor or pharmacists direct it.
- • This medication goes into the breast milk, so consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
- • If you are pregnant, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this rigix syrup.