Otosporin Eardrop (Polymyxin B) uses to treat and prevent an infection caused by the bacteria that is also known as Swimmer’s ear. The medicine contains polymyxin and neomycin that are antibiotics and works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This medicine also contains hydrocortisone that is an inflammatory corticosteroid, and it’s an agent that reduces the swelling of the ear and discomfort. This medicine is indicated to treat otitis externa that is caused by any bacterial infection.
These eardrops can help you by reducing the pain and swelling in the ear. The wetness stored in the ear canal because of excess water causes the growth of bacteria and fungus. It also contains drying ingredients like alcohol and glycerin. This medicine works by drying the ear and then treating the infection.
How to use
Take this medicine according to your doctor’s recommendation. Generally, it is 3 to 4 times a day. Use this medicine as an ear drop only, don’t use this medicine for the eyes. Also, don’t inhale or inject the medication. When dropping the medicine into the ear of an adult, hold the earlobe up and back.
Make sure, before you use this medicine, you clean your ear thoroughly and remove the crust or any other material.
Also, be sure to take the right amount of medicine and avoid touching the ear while dropping this medicine. The best way is to have another person drop this medicine into your ear. This medicine may cause dizziness, so to reduce its effects, hold the bottle in your hands for few minutes to warm it.
Take this medicine according to your doctor’s recommendation. Generally, it is 3 to 4 times a day.
When using this medicine on children, hold the earlobe down and back.
And make sure that you put the affected ear in the upward direction.
You might feel the burning sensation in the ear and temporary stinging. If any of the effects persist or worsen, immediately consult your doctor.
When not to use
This medicine is contraindicated in patients who have a tympanic membrane and are allergic to hypersensitive drugs.
Polymyxin B and neomycin.
• You shouldn’t continue this medicine for more than seven days if not seeing any clinal improvement.
• Use caution if you have any ear problems like in the eardrum or an infection in the ear.
• This medicine isn’t safe to use on specific medical conditions. So, make sure before you use this medicine you consult your doctor first.
• For accuracy and better healing, ask another person to insert the medicine droplets into your eyes.
• For reducing the dizziness effects, hold the bottle in your hands for few minutes to warm it.
• If you are pregnant, please consult your doctor before intaking this medicine.