Osnate (Ossein Mineral complex) is used to treat and prevent the low calcium levels that different bone conditions, including osteoporosis (weak bones because of the low bone density), rickets, a disease in which children involves the softening of bones, and osteomalacia, a condition in which the bones soften affecting pain. This medicine plays an important role in regulating the minerals, calcium, and phosphorus found in the human body.
This medicine shouldnt be taken with food.
For adults and children
The general daily recommended dose of Vitamin D is 600 IU (15 mcg) daily for those between 1-70. For those ages between 71 and older, they should take 800 IU (20 mcg) daily.
For vitamin D deficiency
In such a case, you are advised to use 50,000 IU per week for 6-12 weeks. However, some of the patients might require higher doses for longer periods to maintain regularity and optimal blood level of vitamin D.
Osteoporosis: 2-4 tabs twice daily.
Pregnancy & lactation: 1-2 tabs daily.
Here are some products that you might experience while taking this medicine
• Belching burping or gas
When not to use
Those patients diagnosed with hypercalciuria, hypercalcemia, renal calculi, hypophosphatemia are not advised to use this medicine.
Ossein Mineral complex
• You shouldnt take this medicine on certain medical conditions. Before you take this medicine, consult your doctor if you have a high blood calcium level.
• Those who are under pregnancy are advised to consult their doctor before intaking this medicine.
• This medicine passes into breast milk, so make sure that you consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
• Dont use this medicine if you are already using medicines that contain calcium because excess calcium in your body might increase the risk of having too much calcium in your body, which might result in poor kidney function.
• Before taking this medicine, discuss it with your doctor if you have any other allergies as this medication contains some inactive ingredients, which can cause inactive reactions in our body.