Osmolar ORS is used in the prevention and treatment the dehydration that occurs, primarily due to diarrhea.
You can read the dosage instruction at the back of the sachet. The generally recommended way is,
200 to 400 ml solution after loose motion.
For infants and child
The dosage for children or infants depends according to plans A, B, or C.
Here are some side effects of using ORS
• High blood levels of sodium.
When not to use
You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to any ingredient of this medicine or has a blockage in the perforation or intestines (hole or tear) in the bowel.
• Oral electrolytes
• If your diarrhea condition doesn’t improve in 24 hours after taking this medicine, then tell your doctor about it.
• This solution consists of the powder and water that can be stored in the refrigerator after mixing for up to 24 hours.
• Consult your doctor before you start taking this medicine if you cannot stop vomiting. If children have diarrhea, fever non-stop vomiting should immediately see a doctor.
• If you are pregnant, consult your doctor before using ORS.