This medicine is used regularly to prevent the shortness of breath and wheezing and other problems caused by asthma. If you use a quick inhaler, it’s beneficial for you because it also decreases asthma attacks.
This medicine is also used before doing exercise to prevent breathing problems during exercise.
1 tablet of Myteka should be taken once a day. And those who are patients of seasonal allergies and asthma should take only one daily in the evening.
2-5 years old: One 4mg chewable tablet daily
6-14 years old: one 5mg chewable tablet daily
15 years older and older: one 10mg tablet daily.
Myteka shows allergic properties as it carries hypersensitive inactive ingredients. It is also used in acute asthma attacks, including the status asthmatics.
Here are some side effects that you might experience while taking this medicine.
• Sinus pain
• Pain in arms or leg
• Uncontrolled movement of muscles.
• Muscle weakness
• Abdominal pain
Consult your doctor immediately if you are facing any of these serious issues. A serious allergic reaction is rare in this medicine but seeks medical attention in terms of allergic reaction.
When not to use
It is not recommended to those who are hypersensitive to the drug or any other active ingredients.
• Seek medical attention right away if your asthma worsens and your reliever inhaler is not helping you. Tell your doctor if any asthma-related problem or breathing problem, or allergic symptoms
• Those who are under pregnancy are advised to consult their doctor before intaking this medicine.
• If you have any allergies to montelukast, then consult your doctor before using this medicine because it contains some inactive ingredients that cause an allergic reaction in our body.
• If you have any medical history related to liver disease, then ask your doctor before using this medicine.
• This medicine passes into breast milk, so make sure that you consult your doctor before taking this medicine.