If you use a relief inhaler, this medication can help you decrease the number of times you have to use it. Montelukast is also used to treat hay fever and allergic rhinitis.
1 tablet of Myteka should be taken once a day. And those who are patients of seasonal allergies and asthma should take only one daily in the evening.
2-5 years old: One 4mg chewable tablet daily
6-14 years old: one 5mg chewable tablet daily
15 years older and older: one 10mg tablet daily.
Here are some side effects of Myteka tablets that you might experience while taking this medicine.
- • Pain in arms or leg
- • Numbness
- • Tingling
- • Swelling
- • Sinus pain
- • Muscle weakness
- • Stuttering
- • Uncontrolled movement of muscles.
- • Restlessness
- • Anaphylaxis
- • Abdominal pain
- • Headache
- • Diarrhea
Consult your doctor immediately if you are facing any of these serious issues. A serious allergic reaction is rare in this medicine but seeks medical attention in terms of allergic reaction.
When not to use
It is not recommended to those who are hypersensitive to the drug or any other active ingredients.
- • If you have any allergies to montelukast, then consult your doctor before using this medicine because this medicine contains some inactive ingredients that cause an allergic reaction in our body.
- • If you have any medical history related to liver disease, then ask your doctor before using Myteka tablet.
- • This medicine passes into breast milk, so make sure that you consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
- • Seek medical attention right away if your asthma worsens and your reliever inhaler is not helping you. Tell your doctor if any asthma-related problem or breathing problem, or allergic symptoms
- • Those who are under pregnancy are advised to consult their doctor before intaking this medicine.