Domperidone maleate is an antiemetic and prokinetic medicine. It works by stopping and blocking the actions of the chemical messenger that is present in our brain. And it causes vomiting and nausea. Moreover, it also increases the intestines and stomachs movement or contractions and efficiently ensures food movement.
This syrup is also used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by any other medicine or drugs used to treat Parkinsons disease.
Ensure that you follow all your doctors intake directions, as they know better about your condition.
The usually recommended dose is three times a day, with at least 30 ml of consumption every day. This medicine can also be used for a max of 1 week in case of nausea and vomiting.
Not recommended to children.
Take this medicine 15 to 30 minutes before you take meals.
Here are some side effects that you might experience when taking this medicine:
• Change in taste
• Stomach cramps
When not to use
Patients who are hypersensitive to drugs and are diagnosed with tumors of the pituitary gland and heart disease are not advised to use this medicine.
• It should be used in the caution in elderly as there are very high adverse effects.
• This medicine doesnt indicate any risk when you intake this medicine if you are pregnant.
• If its not healing or improving within few days or your conditions worsen, then consult your doctor.
• Dont use this medicine on underweight or malnourished children or kids who weigh less than 35 kg.
• It can affect the functioning of the medicine, especially in the elderly and people who have an active condition like the rhythm of disorders and congestive heart failure.
• Dont take this syrup with food.