Masacol Tablet formulated as mesalazine is used to treat inflammatory and ulcerative colitis. Its a condition characterized by scarring and swelling of the rectum and colon. Its also used to maintain the remission of Crohns disease. Masacol is used to treat ulcerative colitis symptoms such as pain, diarrhoea, rectal bleeding, and stomach pain.
The medicine dose and length of the treatment depend upon response to the treatment. You are advised to follow the doctors indications and instructions and not stop the medication independently.
Follow the doctors recommendation on dosage.
Here are some side effects of Masacol
• Blurred vision
• Abdominal pain
• Stomach pain
• Irregular heartbeat
• Dry mouth
• Increase sweating
When not to use
It is contraindicated to patients who are known hypersensitive to drugs.
• Using other NSAIDs with this medicine might increase the risk of rental impairment. You should consider replacing the NSAIDs with any other medicine under your doctors supervision.
• When using this medicine for elderly patients, take caution as it might increase the risk of side effects.
• Take caution when using this medicine on patients with active peptic ulcer disease due to the increased risk of worsening the condition of patients.
• Those who are nursing infants or breastfeeding should not use this medicine unless its essential. If the medicine is used, the nursing infant should be closely monitored to see if the infant has any undesired effects.
• This drug might pose a risk to your pregnancy, so consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant.