Sodium Picosulfate is used in the prevention and treatment of constipation. The syrup contains lactose along with sugars such as lactose and glucose. You can use this medicine to treat occasional constipation.
You are advised to take each dose with a glass full of water, i.e., 8 ounces or more water of fruit juice. This will provide enough liquid that is required by laxatives to work efficiently.
The recommended dosage is Laxoberon syrup use twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. For an idea, both do are 10 to 12 hours apart.
Here are some side effects that you might experience while taking this medicine.
• Gastrointestinal disturbances
• Dry mouth
• Sleeping disorders
If any of these effects worsen or persist or worsen, consult your doctor immediately.
When not to use
This medicine is not given to the patients who are suffering from gastric retention, GI ulceration, perforation or obstruction, toxic colitis, toxic megacolon ileus, cognitive heart failure, nausea, rhabdomyolysis, ascites, severe kidney impairment, acute surgical abdominal conditions, increased magnesium ions in the blood, severe dehydration, active inflammatory bowel disease.
• Take caution when treating patients who have stomach pain, bowel disease, or people who have kidney disease and anorexia.
• Monitor fluid, acid-base balance, electrolyte regularly
• If you are pregnant, dont intake this medicine without discussing it with your doctor.
• This medicine passes into breast milk, so make sure you consult your doctor before breastfeeding, and nursing mother also take precautions
• Use caution in patients who have congestive heart failure when it comes to replacing fluids.