Klaricid tablet XL 500mg is used for the prevention and treatment of infections that are caused due to susceptible organisms. It’s used to treat a broad range of viral, bacterial infections; it’s also used in combination with anti-ulcer medications to treat specific kinds of stomach ulcers.
Clarithromycin is also known as a macrolide antibiotic. This medicine stops the growth of medicine. This medicine works efficiently on bacterial infections like pneumonia (lung infection) and bronchitis (lungs.)
Every 12 hours: 500mg for 10 days
For less than 6 years:
1-2 years old: 2.5mg
3-6 years old: 5.00 mg
7-9 years old: 7.50 mg
10-12 years old: 10.00 mg
Here are some side effects that you might experience while taking this medicine
• changes of taste
If any of these effects worsen or persist, you are advised to consult your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
When not to use
It is not advised to those hypersensitive to erythromycin, clarithromycin, or any other macrolide antibacterial drugs.
• If you are allergic to clarithromycin or any other macrolide antibiotics like erythromycin, azithromycin, you must consult your doctor before your intake this medicine. This medicine may cause allergic reactions as it contains some inactive ingredients.
• If you are pregnant, discuss with your doctor before intaking this medicine.
• This medicine is used to treat and prevent bacterial infections. So, don’t stop taking this medicine without your doctor’s concern, and let your doctor know if you develop the signs of any infections, such as night sweats or fever.
• Consult your doctor if you have any medical history related to liver problems, heart disease, kidney disease, or any certain type of muscle disease
• This medicine passes into the breast milk, so consult your doctor before intaking this medicine.