Kestine tablets is an effectual medicine used for reduction of several allergic reactions occurring in the body because of different reasons.
Kestine is also used in allergic rhinitis, pruritis and can also be given for decongestion.
Kestine is indicated in the symptomatic treatment for Allergic rhinitis, Allergic dermatitis, and idiopathic chronic urticaria.
Note: This medicine is not recommended to lactating mothers and pregnant females.
The recommended dosage is 10mg once daily in the event of severe symptoms, the dosage can be increased up to 20mg if your doctor feels the need of increasing the dosage.
For children over 12 years of Age
The recommended dosage for children is 10mg orally every day.
For children aged 6 to 11 years
The dose of 5ml Kestine once a day.
This medicine can cause several side effects that include
• Gastric intolerance
• Hypersensitive reactions
When Not to Use
This medicine is not advised to patients who are hypersensitive to the drug or have any allergies.
• This medicine can cause sedation, so don’t drive after using this medicine,
• Use this medicine with caution in case of kidney compromised patient
• This medicine is not recommended to breastfeeding women unless there is a severe need for medicine. All the risks and benefits of this medicine should be discussed with the doctor before taking this medicine.
• Kestine should be used with caution in patients who are susceptible to the QT prolonged due to the increased risk of worsening of the patient’s response and condition.
• Please consult a doctor, and if you are pregnant and taking this medication