Ivermite 6mg tablets are used to treat parasitic roundworm infections. Ivermectin is also used to cure parasitic infections and helps in improving your life. In people with a weak defense and immune system, curing roundworm infections can reduce the risk of developing a severe or life-threatening infection.
Ivermite works by locating, paralyzing, and killing parasites in the body.
Take this medication by mouth with a glass full of water or an empty stomach at least 1 hour before a meal. Ivermite is advised to take as a single dose or with a series of doses or direct it.
The dosage and treatment length are based on the patient’s medical condition and treatment response.
Adults ages between 18-64 years are advised to take 200 mcg/kg of body weight taken as one dose.
- For children who weighs more than 15 kgs (33 pounds)
For children who weigh more than 15 kgs (33 pounds), they are advised to take 200 mcg/kg of body weight taken as one dose.
- For children who weighs less than 15 kgs (33 pounds)
It is not checked on children, so it’s confirmed that this drug is safe and effective to use in children.
Here are some of the side effects of ivermite tablets.
- • Dizziness
- • Headache
- • Nausea
- • Muscle pain
- • Diarrhea
- • Eye swelling
- • Vision changes
- • Rash
- • Fever
- • Weakness
To reduce the dizziness effect, rise slowly from a lying or sitting posture.
When Not To Use
Ivermite is not advised in patients who are known hypersensitive to any of the medicine ingredients or the active substance of this medicine.
- • If you have a weak immune system, like HIV, then you might need to repeat the treatment when taking this medicine
- • Before taking Ivermite, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to the medicine. This product contains some inactive ingredients that might cause an allergic reaction in your body.
- • Before you use this medicine, tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions especially related to liver problems
- • This medicine passes into breast milk, although any side effects are not recorded or seen on the nursing infant. To be sure, consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- • Ask your doctor if you are pregnant before using this medicine.