Fucidin Cream is used to treat and prevent different types of skin infections that are caused by certain kinds of bacteria. This Fucidin Acid is prescribed for skin infections that are caused by germs and bacteria called staphylococcal bacteria. infections like impetigo, infected cuts, grazes, and dermatitis.
The Fucidin formula Fusidic acid stops the growth of bacteria and germs that causes the infection. This cream is not effective in medicine against fungal and viral infections.
This medicine is only used on external skin surfaces and it should be applied exactly as your doctor advises you.
How to use
‣ Use the Fucidin Cream as directed by your doctor. This cream is used for external use only, so use it on healthy skin that is free from cuts and wounds.
‣ Make sure you wash your hands before and after you use this cream unless the area that you want to treat with cream is your hands.
‣ Gently rub the cream on your body surface and make the cream absorbed in your skin.
‣ Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the area of infection.
‣ If your eye comes in contact with this cream then rinse your eyes, with clean water right away.
The side effects of Fucidin cream are:
- • Irritation
- • Burning sensation
- • Dryness
- • Folliculitis
- • Allergic contact dermatitis
- • Itching
- • Skin thinning
- • Change in the color of skin.
When not to use
This medication is contraindicated and not recommended to patients who are hypersensitive to the drugs.
- Make sure you wash your hand before and after you apply this cream to the infected area. When you are applying for this medicine near the eyes, avoid getting it into the eyes because it might get worse and also it might cause glaucoma. Also, avoid this medicine from getting into the eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Consult your doctor, before using this medicine if you are pregnant.
- The course of this cream lasts for around seven days. You are not advised to use this cream or ointment for longer than 10 days.
- Remove the cap and before you use the cream, check if the seal isn’t broken. Then push the spike in the cap against the seal on the tube.
- If youre using this cream when you are breastfeeding your child, make sure to not get the cream on your breast. If you do, then make sure that you wash it properly before feeding your child.