Citralka syrup is a medicine used to treat gout and kidney stone. It stops the production of uric acid in the body, reduces the episodes of gout attacks, and prevents kidney stones. Citralka syrup contains sodium acid citrate, mainly used to treat uric acid-induced disorders by neutralizing it.
This syrup is also used to make the urine less acidic. Less acidic urine helps the kidney to get rid of uric acid.
Take this medication in the prescribed dose. Shake well before using the medicine.
Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity that your doctor prescribes.
Mix the prescribed amount of citralka syrup in a liquid glass of water and drink it slowly.
You can use this medicine with water or juice.
Here are the common side effects of the citralka syrup that you might experience when using this syrup.
- • Stomach pain
- • Nausea
- • Vomiting
- • Diarrhea
- • Vomiting
Taking this syrup with juice and taking it after meals will help in preventing these side effects.
When Not to Use
This medicine is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to the drugs.
Sodium Acid Citrate
- • Before using this syrup, let your doctor know if you have any medical conditions. Citralka syrup contains inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or any other reaction in your body.
- • Don’t dilute in tomato juice when using this syrup.
- • You are not advised to use this medication if you have certain medical conditions, especially certain breathing problems, heart problems, high blood pressure, calcium levels, kidney disease, swollen legs, knees, feet, etc.
- • Ask your doctor if you are pregnant before using this syrup.
- • You are not advised to use this medication if you have certain medical conditions especially severe kidney disease, high sodium levels, sodium-restricted diet.