Uses of Ciproxin Injection
Ciproxin is an antibiotic injection used to treat and prevent bacterial infections. These injections are also used to treat infections like urinary tract, genital tract infection in mens and women, stomach and intra-abdominal infections, respiratory tract, joint infections, throat, nose, soft tissues, skin infection, and lungs (pneumonia). The medicine cures the infection by terminating and stopping the growth of infectious microscopic organisms.
Ciproxin injections work with only specific strains of bacteria.
Your doctors dosage should be advised based on your medical condition and medical response. This medicine may be taken without or with food at the same time each day. Avoid skipping any doses or finishing the entire course. Dont leave it in the middle even if you feel symptoms going down. This might result in regrowth of bacteria, and it might cause returning of infection.
Drink plenty of fluids when taking this medicine, as it might costs dehydration in your body. Consult your doctor if you are taking any nutritional supplements or replacements with this medicine.
Take medicine till the total prescribed amount is finished. Even in case of the disappearance of symptoms, you shouldnt stop taking medication. Stopping medication earlier than recommended might cause the return of the infection.
Side effects of Ciproxin Injections
Here is some side effect that you might experience when using this medicine
- • Nausea
- • Dizziness
- • Unusual tiredness,
- • Unusual bleeding/ bruising
- • Trouble in sleeping
- • Lightheadedness
- • Headache
- • Diarrhea
When not to use
It is contraindicated in hypersensitive patients to Ciprofloxacin or any other similar antibiotics (Quinolones.)
- • Before taking these Ciproxin injections, consult with your doctor, if you have any medical history related to diabetes, heart problem (recent heart attack), joint/tendons problems, kidney disease, mental/ mood disorders (depression), nerve problems (peripheral neuropathy), myasthenia gravis, seizures that increase the chance and risk of seizures (such as brain/ head injury, brain tumors, cerebral atherosclerosis.)
- • This medicine will make you sensitive to the sun, so try to limit your time under the sun. Try to avoid sunlamps and tanning booths when using this medicine. Make sure you use sunscreen and wear protective clothing when you are outdoor. Consult your doctor immediately if you have any skin blisters/ redness.
- • You can take this medicine with milk-containing products but make sure you dont take this medicine with dairy products alone or with calcium-fortified products. Dont take antacids, supplements with calcium, magnesium, the iron of aluminum, or any multivitamin 6 hours before or 2 hours after taking the Ciprofloxacin
- • This medicine passes into the breast milk, so consult your doctor before intaking this medicine.
- • If you are pregnant, discuss with your doctor before intaking these ciproxin injections.