Ibuprofen is a medicine used as a pain-relieving medicine. It is used in many conditions like fever, period pain, headache, colds, arthritis and toothache, menstrual cramps, or minor injuries. This medicine has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects in treating rheumatoid arthritis (including juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or Stills a disease), osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and other non-rheumatoid (seronegative) arthropathies.
Medicine functions by inhibiting the actions of certain chemical substances in our human body that are responsible for causing pain.
Overdose of Ibuprofen can damage your stomach or intestine. So, the recommended dosage is
The maximum amount 0f ibuprofen an adult can intake is 800 milligrams per dose or 3200 mg whole a day which makes up a maximum of 4 doses.
Child dosage is based on their age
The daily dosage of medicine for children is 20 mg of body weight divided into terms of doses,
For younger children, there are more suitable formulations advised. This medicine is not recommended to children who weigh less than 7kg.
For children who are 12 or above are recommended to take 1200- 1800 mg of ibuprofen daily in divided doses. Some patients might be advised to take 600-1200 mg based on the doctors recommendation.
Here are some side effects of Brufen Tablets that you might experience while taking this medication.
• Acid and sour stomach (severe)
• Yellow-colored eyes or skin (severe)
• Heartburn (severe)
• Nausea and vomiting (severe)
• Decrease Urine output (severe)
• Skin rash (severe)
• Abdominal discomfort (severe)
• Impaired vision (rare)
• Depression (rare)
• Confusion (rare)
• Dizziness (rare
• Running nose
• Loss of appetite (rare)
Consult your doctor if any of these effects get worsen.
When not to use
This medicine is contraindicated in hypersensitive patients to active ingredients and not advised to such patients who have a medical history related to or experienced asthma, uraturia, or allergic-type reactions after they take aspirin or other NSAIDs.
• Take precautions while taking this medicine if you have or ever had a history related to heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart attacks, blood clot if you smoke, or ever had history related to stomach ulcers or bleeding.
• This medicine may cause stomach or intestinal bleeding.
• Dont intake more than the recommended dose.
• Dont use this medication just before or after the heart bypass surgery.
• Those who are under pregnancy are advised to consult their doctor before intaking these brufen Tablets.