Ibuprofen is a medicine used as a pain-relieving medicine. It is used in many conditions like fever, period pain, headache, colds, arthritis and toothache, menstrual cramps, or minor injuries. This medicine has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects in treating rheumatoid arthritis (including juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or Stills a disease), osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and other non-rheumatoid (seronegative) arthropathies.
Medicine functions by inhibiting the actions of certain chemical substances in our human body that are responsible for causing pain.
Overdose of Ibuprofen can damage your stomach or intestine. So, the recommended dosage is
For adults and children
Child dosage is based on their age
The daily dosage of medicine for children is 20-30 mg of body weight divided into doses. Brufen Syrup is recommended for children for over three months
For adults and children over 12 years old: the usual recommended dosage for them is 4 to 6 spoonfuls (5 ml) taken three times a day. As your doctor knows your condition better so he may choose to increase or decrease the dosage.
For younger children, there are more suitable formulations advised. This medicine is not recommended to children who weigh less than 7kg.
Here are some side effects of Brufen syrup that you might experience while taking this medication.
• Acid and sour stomach (severe)
• Yellow-coloured eyes or skin (severe)
• Heartburn (severe)
• Nausea and vomiting (severe)
• Decrease Urine output (severe)
• Skin rash (severe)
• Abdominal discomfort (severe)
• Impaired vision (rare)
• Depression (rare)
• Confusion (rare)
• Dizziness (rare
• Running nose
• Loss of appetite (rare)
Consult your doctor if any of these effects get worsen.
When not to use
This medicine is contraindicated in hypersensitive patients to active ingredients and not advised to such patients who have a medical history related to or experienced asthma, uraturia, or allergic-type reactions after they take aspirin or other NSAIDs.
• Take precautions while taking this medicine if you have or ever had a medical history related to heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart attacks, blood clot if you smoke, or ever had a history related to stomach ulcers or bleeding.
• This medicine may cause intestinal or stomach bleeding.
• Dont intake more than the recommended dose.
• Dont use this medication just before or after the heart bypass surgery.
• Those who are under pregnancy are advised to consult their doctor before intaking this syrup.