Co-amoxiclav is used in the treatment and prevention variety of bacterial infections. The medicine is used to treat the lungs, ear, nasal, urinary tract, wounds, cellulitis, deep pyoderma, superficial/ juvenile, abscesses, skin, sinus, and soft tissue. This medicine will not work on viral infections such as flu, common, cold, etc.
The dosage is based on your weight, treatment response, and medical condition. For the best effects, take this medicine evenly on time. Remember your dosage. Take your medicine at the same time each day. Take this medicine with water, with or without a meal, as directed by your doctor. Depending on the mg power of medicine, this medicine is usually taken with a gap of 8 or 12 hours.
Those patients who experience difficulty swallowing the tablet may be given 125 mg/5 ml or 250mg/ 5ml suspension in place of 500 mg tablet.
For adults and children ≥ 40
One tablet 3x times a day
For children < 40
Children aged less than 6 years old or less are advised to be treated with Augmentin oral Suspension. Augmentin 200mg/125mg film-coated tab are not advised to children who weighs less than 40kg
Do not increase or decrease the dosage without your doctor’s consultation. Also, please don’t increase the dosage of medicine more than’s recommended. Also, don’t leave the medicine between the course even if you feel the disappearing of symptoms. If you stop the medication, it might allow the bacteria to grow again, resulting in the return of the infection.
Your doctor advises the dosage of this medicine according to your medical condition.
Here are some side effects that you might experience when taking this medication.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist if any of these rare but serious side effects occur:
• Dark urination
• Severe stomach
• Abdominal pain
• Nausea/ vomiting
• Yellowing of skin
• Easy bruising/ bleeding
• New signs of infections
Seek medical attention right away if any of these side effects gets severe.
When not to use
This medicine is contraindicated in a patient who is hypersensitive to reaction such as anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, or to those who are hypersensitive to amoxicillin, clavulanate, or other beta-lactam antibacterial drugs (such as penicillin and cephalosporines)
• Before you take this medicine, consult your doctor if you are amoxicillin or to cephalosporin antibiotics or penicillin or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain some inactive ingredients, which might cause an allergic reaction or other problems in the human body.
• Don’t leave the medicine in between the course, even if you feel the disappearing of symptoms. If you stop the medication, it might allow the bacteria to grow again, resulting in the return of the infection.
• Before using this medicine, tell your doctor or pharmacists about your medical history related to liver disease (including liver problems that are caused by previous use of amoxicillin), kidney disease like requiring dialysis, or any certain type of viral infections (infectious mononucleosis)
• This medicine passes into breast milk, so make sure that you consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
• Those who are under pregnancy are advised to consult their doctor before intaking this medicine.