- Acetylsalicylic Acid is used to reduce fever and relieve it from mild to moderate pain conditions from muscle ache, common cold, toothache, swelling conditions such as arthritis. This ascard tablet is also used in the prevention and treatment of mild to moderate pain and also in the prevention of secondary thrombotic cerebrovascular (formation of a clot or the blockage of blood in any of the vessels in the brain) or heart disease (also referred as the damage to blood vessels that supplies blood in the heart.)
- This medicine is also used in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19.
Do not increase or decrease the dosage without your doctor's consultation; don't increase the medicine dosage more than recommended.
- ‣ You are advised to take this medicine by mouth with a glass full of water that measures 8 ounces/ 240 milliliters unless doctors advise you of any other way of intaking this medicine. Don't lay down for at least 10 minutes after intake of this medicine.
- ‣ The dosage of this medicine is based on your medical conditions and your treatment response.
- ‣ The recommended dosage of ascard tablet is 1 mg per day, which can increase by your doctor's recommendation, treatment response, and your medical response, as your doctor is better aware of your condition.
Here are some side effects of ascard tablet that you might experience while using this.
- Upset stomach
- Bronchospasm (airway construction)
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Allergic reactions
If any of these effects get worsen or more severe, then consult your doctor immediately.
When not to use
This medicine is contraindicated in patients who have a higher risk of increased bleeding like alcohol, bleeding disorders, and ulcers.
- Consult your doctor if you are allergic to Acetylsalicylic Acid or other salicylates like choline salicylate or other pain relievers such as NSAIDs that include ibuprofen naproxen or if you have any other allergies. This ascard tablet may contain inactive ingredients that might cause an allergic reaction.
- This medicine might cause stomach bleeding. When tobacco and use alcohol are combined along with this medication, the risk of these side effects increases.
- This medicine might cause a risk to your pregnancy, so ask your doctor before using this medication.
- This medication is also recommended for children having certain medical conditions such as blood clots or a bleeding problem, hemophilia, Vitamin K deficiency, low platelet count.
- Children and teenagers diagnosed with chickenpox, flu, and any other undiagnosed illness are not advised to use this medicine. In such cases, taking such medicine increases the risk of Reye's syndrome (a rare but severe illness.)