Systane Lubricant Eye drops formulated as polyethylene Glycol provides you with the relief you need. Its a doctors recommended brand and medicine for eye relief. This medication s used to treat and provide relief to dry, burning eyes and prevent irritation in them.
How to use Systane Drops
Use this medicine as directed, prescribed, or labeled by your doctor. And make sure that you dont use these eye drops in smaller or larger amounts or for longer sessions than recommended.
Do not use this medicine while you are wearing these contact lenses. If you want to put on contact lenses, wait for at least 15 minutes after applying the eye drops to your eye.
Here is how to use the drops:
- • First, tilt your head back and slightly pull down your lower eyelid for creating a small pocket. Keep holding the dropper above the eyes along with a tip down. Now, squeeze the dropper into the eye. Make sure that you look away from the dropper while squeezing the drop.
- • Now, close your eyes for at least 2 or 3 minutes with your tipped down, without squinting and blinking. Now, gently press the finger inside the corner of your eye for about 1 minute to keep the liquid from draining into your tear area
- • Ensure you are dropping only the number of drops that the doctor has prescribed you. If you want to use one extra drop for additional safety, wait for 5 minutes to drop the drops into the eye.
- • Wait for at least 10 minutes before using another type of Eye drop.
Dont use these drops. If the liquid in it has changed the colors or particles in it, its time to call your pharmacist and new medicine.
Here are the side effects of these drops.
- • Vision may be blurred
- • minor burning
- • irritation
- • stinging
If any of these side effects get severe or worsen, contact your doctor immediately.
When not to use
This eye drop is contraindicated and not recommended to patients who are known with hypersensitivity to drugs.
- • Before taking this medicine, consult with your doctor if you are allergic to its ingredients or any other allergies. This product may contain some inactive ingredients that cause an allergic reaction in your eyes.
- • If you are wearing your contact lenses, remove the lenses before applying the lubricant to your eyes. Ask your doctor or pharmacist when to remove the lenses. Some drops allow you to apply the drops with the lenses on. So, make sure that you check the package and read the information and see if you can wear the contact lenses while using these eye drops.
- • If you are using another type of eye medication, then wait for 5 minutes between dropping the drops into the eye or applying the ointment into the eyes.
- • These eye drops, or especially eye drops, may temporarily cause blurred vision when used in use. So it is strictly advised to dont drive, use machines, or do any activity that strictly attention and clear vision.
- • If you are pregnant, dont intake this medicine without discussing it with your doctor.