Alginate compound is used to prevent and treat too many stomach acid symptoms, such as heartburn, acid indigestion, and upset stomach. The magnesium and aluminum antacids functions to lower the acid in the stomach.
The liquid antacids generally work better and faster as compared to tablets or capsules.
Take this medication by mouth.
If you are taking this medicine in the form of chewable tablets, chew thoroughly before you swallow it, and then drink a full glass of water.
If you are using this Gaviscon advance syrup, make sure you shake the bottle well before use. Refrigerating the medicine might improve the flavor of the syrup.
The quantity and amount are based on your doctor’s recommendation.
Here are some side effects of Gaviscon advance syrup that you might experience when using this medication.
If any of these side effects gets severe, notify your doctor immediately.
When not to use
Those patients who are hypersensitive to drugs are not advised to use this medicine.
Sodium Alginate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Carbonate
• Before taking this medicine, discuss with your doctor if you are allergic to aluminum hydroxide or magnesium. If you have any other allergies, this medication contains some inactive ingredients.
• If you are using this medication in liquid form, then shake the bottle before use. To enhance the flavor, refrigerate the suspension.
• This medicine passes into breast milk, so make sure that you consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
• Those who are under pregnancy are advised to consult their doctor before intaking this medicine.
• If you have any of the problem related to kidney problems, frequent alcohol use, severe loss of body water (fluid restriction /dehydration)