Uses of Duphalac Syrup
- ‣ Duphalac Syrup is a laxative that is used in the treatment and prevention treat constipation.
- ‣ This syrup is used by mouth or rectally to treat or to prevent the complications of liver disease (hepatic encephalopathy) or to release constipation.
- ‣ This medicine increases the number of bowel movements per day and the number of days you have a bowel movement. It’s a colonic acidifier that works by increasing the stool water content and by softening the stool. This syrup is a man-made sugar solution.
How to use
- ‣ Take this medication by mouth, usually once a daily for constipation or as prescribed by your doctor. If you want to improve the taste, you can mix the solution with the mix fruit juice, milk, water, or a soft dessert.
- ‣ If you are using the crystals in packets, dissolve the syrup in half glass of water or directed by your doctor.
- ‣ You are advised to use this medicine daily for maximum benefit. Take this medicine at the same time of the day to remember the dosage time. The dosage is based on your response to therapy and your medical condition.
Side effects of Duphalac SyrupHere are some side effects that you might experience when using this syrup
- • Abdominal pain
- • Vomiting
- • Nausea
- • Diarrhea
If any of these side effects get worsens or persist then consult your doctor immediately.
When not to use
It is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to active ingredients like gastrointestinal obstruction.
- • Before using lactulose, discuss with your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine, or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain an inactive ingredient that can cause an allergic reaction in your body.
- • If you feel any severe side effects occurring such as muscle cramps, weakness, irregular heartbeat, mood changes, seizures, then tell your doctor right away.
- • Take this medication once a day usually or as your doctor directs it.
- • If you are pregnant, consult your doctor or pharmacist before your intake this syrup.
- • If you have diabetes, then take precautions before taking this duphalac syrup, as this medicine might affect your sugar levels. Check your blood regularly, weekly, and then share the results with your doctor.