Cefspan suspension syrup (Cefixime) is used to treat a wide number of bacterial infections. It’s a cephalosporin antibiotic that effectively affects the lungs, urinary tract, bladder, ureters, and kidneys. The medicine is used to treat the sexually transmitted infection caused by the gonorrhea bacteria that can infect both women and men.
The suspension syrup kills and stops the growth of bacteria that is causing the infection. This suspension is not effective on virus infections.
Take this medicine by mouth with or without food. Usually, they are recommended to take it once a day.
Children can take this medicine 2x a day (means every 12 hours); based on their condition and treatment response, the doctor will recommend you the course.
For best results, take this medicine at spaced times. It’s best to set a time and take the medication at the same time every day.
You are advised to use this medicine until the prescribed amount is finished, even if you feel that the symptoms disappear after few days. If you stop the medication in the middle, it may allow the bacteria to grow again and result in a relapse.
Here are some side effects that you might feel when taking this medicine
• Upset Stomach
• Pain in stomach
If any of these effects get worsen or severe, then consult your doctor immediately.
When not to use
It is not advised to hypersensitive patients, as it contains some hypersensitive ingredients that may cause an allergic reaction in your body.
• If you have any allergies to cefixime or penicillin, or any other cephalosporin antibiotics, then please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
• Tell your doctor if you have any medical history related to kidney disease, a certain intestinal disease (colitis)
• Even if you feel healed, don’t leave the course uncompleted. Keep taking the course as per the doctor’s recommendation.
• If you are pregnant, please discuss with your doctor before intaking this medicine.
• Avoid the drugs that may include “blood thinners.