The Lamisil Cream (terbinafine) is used to treat and prevent a broad range of fungal infections like athlete’s foot, itch, and ringworm. Moreover, this medicine is also used to treat a skin condition such as pityriasis (tinea versicolor) and any fungal infection that causes by the darkening and lightening of the skin of the neck, arms, legs, and chest.
Terbinafine is an antifungal cream that stops the growth of fungus
How to use this Medicine
Please apply this medicine to the skin only. First, clean and thoroughly dry the infected area and then use a thin layer of this cream over the infected area. Repeat the process once or twice a day as directed on product packaging or as directed by the doctor.
If you have any queries, consult your pharmacist or doctor. Ensure you wash your hands first before applying the cream, and don’t wrap cover or apply a bandage to the infected area.
Don’t apply this medicine eyes, nose, mouth, or inside the vagina; if you did so, make sure that you wash those areas with plenty of water.
Here are some side effects that you might get to experience when using this medicine.
• Blood disorders
• Gastrointestinal symptoms
• Disorder in Liver and gall bladder
When not to use
This cream is contraindicated in patients who are diagnosed with chronic kidney impairment and chronic liver disease. This cream is also contraindicated to patients who are hypersensitive to terbinafine.
• This cream will make you sensitive to the sun, so try to limit your time under the sun. Try to avoid sunlamps and tanning booths when using this medicine. Make sure you use sunscreen and wear protective clothing when you are outdoor. Consult your doctor immediately if you have any skin blisters/ redness.
• You might have to wait for several months after finishing the treatment to get the best medical results. And it also takes time to grow out and replace the infected nails
• Drugs to avoid: drugs that affect liver enzymes and removes the terbinafine from your body like cimetidine, rifampin, amiodarone, azole antifungals such as fluconazole/ ketoconazole, and medicines that are removed from your body by certain liver enzymes.