Entamizole DS tablets are used to treat and prevent sudden diarrhea conditions. This medicine helps in slowing down the movement of the gut. It decreases the number of bowel movements and makes the stool less watery.
This medicine is also used to treat infections like stomach, intestine, genital, and urinary tract infections. This medicine is also used to prevent possible infections during a surgical procedure.
Adults should not use more than 8mg in 24 hours if not taking under the doctor’s recommendation. If taken under the doctor’s recommendation, adults should intake more than 16mg in 24 hours. If taking medicine in the form of a chewable tablet, take this medicine on an empty stomach. Make sure you chew the tablet properly before swallowing.
As per the doctor’s recommendation.
Here are some effects that you might feel when intaking this medicine
• Upset stomach
• Metallic taste in the mouth
• Feeling of being sick
• Abdominal cramps
When not to use
It is not recommended to patients who are hypersensitive to drugs and those patients with medical history related to blood disorders.
• If you have allergies, then please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
• You should not be visiting your school, college, office while on this medication. Act according to the doctor’s recommendation.
• Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration on the body.
• Even if you feel healed, don’t leave the course uncompleted. Keep taking the course as per the doctor’s recommendation.
• If you are pregnant, please consult your doctor before intaking this medicine.